Friday 10 March 2017

Down to Virginia!

This March Break I'll be heading down to Virginia with the Air Cadets. Now, it's not a birding trip per say, but I will be looking for as many birds as I can possibly find while travelling around down there. Here is a list of possible birds for my life list:
(*been reported in last 14 days)
  1. Brown Pelican*
  2. Northern Gannet*
  3. Great Cormorant
  4. Snowy Egret
  5. Little Blue Heron
  6. Tricolored Heron
  7. Glossy Ibis
  8. White Ibis
  9. Brant*
  10. Common Eider
  11. Clapper Rail
  12. American Oystercatcher*
  13. Willet*
  14. Ruddy Turnstone*
  15. Purple Sandpiper*
  16. Laughing Gull*
  17. Royal Tern
  18. Black Skimmer
  19. Razorbill*
  20. Fish Crow*
  21. Carolina Chickadee*
  22. Brown-headed Nuthatch*
  23. Northern Mockingbird*
  24. Saltmarsh Sparrow
  25. Nelson's Sparrow
  26. Seaside Sparrow
  27. Boat-tailed Grackle*
As you can see, I've got a few different birds that I could find. Obviously I'll be unable to find them all, but I'm guessing that I'll see at least 5 of them...hopefully more.  

I'll write about the trip upon my return next Saturday. However, I'll only have the small camera, and most of my identifications will be made by ear, so there won't be much to look at on the post.

Hopefully it is a successful trip!

4 comments:

  1. That is the nice thing about birding....you can do it almost anywhere, even with minimal equipment. Safe travels, and good birding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allen! You are very right....every trip is a birding trip!

      Delete